Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bearing down PLUS modernity has found me

I want to know where they put all the snow that fell on Friday night and last night and this morning.  My neighborhood looks like a freaking winter stinking wonderdamnland and it looked  a smidge overcast at Soldier Field.  I could walk to Soldier Field from my house (even though it would take me about three hours as it's about 9 miles away) and the whole way, I'd be passing snow piles, snow drifts, snowy sidewalks, and other snow jobs.  But watching the game, I was amazed the playing field and sidelines were clear and totally snow free.  How can I get that to happen in my neighborhood?  I say this as someone who, as soon as this blog is posted, will be going outside to push the snow around and out of the way into a giant pile.  I am thankful I had the sense to buy an ergonomic snow shovel.

The Bears beat the Jets on snowless Soldier Field!  They both went into the game with a 10-4 record and now who has what?  The Bears are 11-4 and the Jets are 10-5 and I am HAPPY except for the snow removal in my future.  It was a game where each team played well and scored points.  It could have gone either way except the Bears held it together into the 4th quarter and a well caught interception at the end let the clock run down and then we got some ribbon, tied some bows on the package and it was a nice Boxing Day gift.  To whom shall I address the thank-you notes?  To Jay Cutler, who ran for a touchdown?  To J. Knox, who ran for at least two and in the same quarter?  Nah, I will send a mental thank you to the whole team because they triumphed over the Jets, 38-34.

-----------------

Bobby Hosea is working with youth football leagues to lower the risk of concussions.  Here's a very good read from the New York Times for you to cut and paste:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/26/sports/football/26tackling.html

-----------------

About NY Jets head coach Rex Ryan and his wife and their sexual foot fetish that wound up with video released on the internet:  Who the hell cares?  Here's a couple who is in love and obviously still sexually attracted to each other.   They are role models for keeping a marriage fun and frisky.   If you are interested in condemning the actions of a married couple doing consenual acts, then you are sad and I feel very sorry for you.

------------------

Through the miracle of modern technology, I am able to watch Netflix on my television.  It might not be a miracle to you, but I am really a moron when it comes to such things and cannot believe I am able to watch many things right on my television!  Sent over the airwaves!  INTO MY OWN TV!

Before the football game, I streamed in "The Proposal," a movie so light and fluffy it wasn't made by a Hollywood studio but rather was whipped up in a cotton candy machine somewhere in mid-America.  How did this movie make money?  It has the depth of a single sheet of airmail-weight paper.  There are holes in the plot through which you could drive a fleet of semis going side-by-side.  The words implausible, unlikely, and "as if" all leap to mind.  I had been watching Season 1 of "24," which is more  awesome and excellent than I'd hoped but after seeing 12 episodes of the first season, six of them in the last day, I thought I'd counter it with something less weighty.  What I should have done is watched a few shows from Season 3 of "30 Rock," another show of awesomeness and excellence.  Both "24" and "30 Rock" are both available on Netflix and both require brain matter.  Well, you don't need brain matter, but it helps.  Much like deciding not to watch "The Proposal."  Don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment