Sunday, January 16, 2011

One degree of Super Bowl XLV

Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks #8, after the waltz.
Picture is probably property of the NFL and FOX.
I try not to say things like, "I may be crazy but..." because I am crazy, much as you are crazy and don't tell me you aren't crazy because the more you say it, the more it so.  But if i were an I-may-be-crazy-but girl, I would follow the phrase with "isn't this just a cool thing the Bears have done?"  It's not like the last time, for Super Bowl XLI, when Robbie Gould saved things week after week (do not get me started on Rex Grossman, y'all).  My belief that Cutler stank and the coaching staff blew and the offensive line bit was EITHER a wake up call that they needed to get it together (message sent courtesy of the universe as my readership could not possibly include even one single Bear, Bears coach, Bears staff member, or even someone working as an usher at Soldier Field for Bears games) OR after the severe sackage of Jay Cutler, they really did just get it together and get the job done.  If they can cream Green Bay's corn next week, the Bears will be playing in Super Bowl XLV in the Dallas Palace of Fine Football.  I am trying to contain my excitement and I am not going to quote statistics (as that is a dick measuring contest and I am a woman with no measurable appendages) and will just say please, please, please, please, por favor, s'il vous plait, please and thanks in advance, Bears.  As a first-time blogger, it has been very cool to be writing about this.

----------------------------------
I was getting ready to bid a fond farewell to the Pocket Square Guys in case the unthinkable happened and the Bears did not trounce the Seahawks.  In preparation, I took this picture on my television set:
Pocket Square Guys, probable property of FOX Sports.
Left to right: Curt, Terry, Howie, Michael, and Jimmy

Aren't they just super-natty?  Someone dresses them and they don't object to the frippery.  I will happily deal with them for another week!  AND ON TO THE SUPER BOWL!!

----------------------------------

So who am I?  This about describes it:

No comments:

Post a Comment