Sunday, December 29, 2013

Five things that are great and how could you possibly disagree?

HAPPY 2014!

We are keeping it nonsexual here, folks.

FIRST and above all other things including food and even birthday cake is my absolutely tip top favorite thing -- a hot shower.  Don't get me started.  The water, the pressure, the heat, the cleanliness.  Dear god in heaven, a shower beats it all.

2.  A performance by a musician who is giving everything and gives everything every time and has a great talent and a lot to give.  A musician who never ever phones it in, doesn't think you're a philistine because you don't like that kind of music, but here, it's all here, all of it and more, just in case you change your mind.

Third:  CHAMPAGNE.  Not Andre.  Not the expensive vintage stuff.  Solid, nonvintage champagne that can be found for $12.99 to $38.  Brut so it's dry yet a smidge fruity and as it goes down reminds you that la vie est vraiment belle, it really is.

4. Going to the movies.  I am of the group who goes to a movie to see the movie.  I don't eat.  (If you must have popcorn, I don't judge you.  Please chew quietly.)  I don't drink anything.  (I don't want to have to use the restroom in the middle of the movie.)  I don't talk much (if I even say a thing).  Going to see a movie in a movie theatre is a beautiful thing and as the director intended.

5.  PAYDAY!  Yeah, yeah, you've got money and you are rich.  How wonderful and lovely and special for you.  I don't envy you because I can experience the joy of realizing it is payday and there is again hard-earned cash in my bank account.  It is joy.  It is elation.  It is something simple, like a shower or a song by someone giving everything they have, that can make a questionable day much better as often as every other week.

-----

R.I.P. Chicago Bears 2013 Season.  In the last 44 seconds of the game, the Packers and Aaron Rodgers pulled pure talent and skill out of their rumps and scored a touchdown, leaving the Bears with 44 seconds to get it back.  It's Jay Cutler, y'all, so that was that.  (I really thought they had it won.  I need to not think so much.)  We have the better part of 2014 to dream of better.  The good news:  Robbie Gould signed a contract extension for four more years!  Four more years of magnificent kicking!  I should have included him in five great things and how could you possibly disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment