Sunday, November 29, 2015

Adele Emergency!!!!

The big news in the world of entertainment is that Adele has a new album out called "25," and it's broken records for sales.  If you buy it at Target, you get three bonus songs.  I was at Target last Tuesday night and saw it and thought, "Oh, to heck with it.  I'll just get it at the library."  I was #20 in line for the single library copy which means it could be a year before I had my turn with it.  I can be remarkably patient with library books, CDs, and DVDs and I'd keep the loot.

That night I saw a clip of one of the songs from the CD, the second one Adele sang on SNL called "When We Were Young."  Instantly, an Adele emergency was created and I had to have it.

There's a Target three blocks from my office that opens at 7 a.m.  I was there as they opened, bustling past the employees who were still securing the doors open, asking for the new Adele.  I scored the CD and a pack of spearmint gum, and I went to work.  Emergency over.

Jimmy Fallon, the Roots, classroom instruments, and Adele?  Yes, please.  I've featured these Fallon/Roots/classroom instruments vids in the past; this one doesn't disappoint.



No comments:

Post a Comment