Sunday, September 18, 2016

Flamingo: A new view

While I was on vacation, my department changed locations from our stunning view of Lake Michigan to a view of the top of the Dirksen Federal Building.  Just a few steps from my desk is another view I've been longing to see -- Calder's Flamingo from above.

Regular readers will recall my fascination and appreciation of Flamingo.  Alexander Calder's sculpture resides in Federal Plaza which is kitty corner from my workplace.  I've offered many different view of Flamingo, including a shot of the modele in the Art Institute.  The one picture I was missing was looking down on it.

So here we have it, folks.  It's a regular early fall day, the flag is waving, and Flamingo poses silently for us all.  I look forward to a snowfall on Flamingo from above but until then, this makes me happy.

Thanks to my employer for letting me take photos during work hours

No comments:

Post a Comment