Sunday, September 11, 2016

I am still Pokemon GO and on the move

Last week I admitted to my affection for Pokemon Go.  My love has not waned during the week.  Tuesday night, I went to my regular tap class.  My sister, a much better tapper than I am as she practices and is a better dancer than I could ever be, came to my Tap 2 class.  Afterward I said it was a good class that would've been made better had we been able to have our iPhones in hand with Pokemon Go hunting for available Pokemon in the area.  Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle ball change, BULBASAUR, paradiddle, stamp!  She agreed and we walked three blocks out of our way so she could show me how to fight in a gym.  Thanks to her tutelage, I won!
Jynx and I crushed something and someone
Today I am part of a group of three that is going to Navy Pier to look for Pokemon.  I got this text message from our leader yesterday:  "In preparation for tomorrow I highly recommend clearing some room in ur pokego bag for pokeballs by getting rid of some potions and revives

"Also make sure to transfer out any extra pokemon so there's room for catching stuff"

[Author's note: In the world of text messaging, correct spelling and punctuation are for chumps.]

Last night, after slogging around the Renegade Craft Fair for hours (it's a renowned inhaler of time but this year was not an inhaler of money), I came home and transferred all Pokemon extras to the Professor.  I unloaded lots of potions and super potions but kept most of my hyper potions and many revives plus my lures, incense, and eggs.  I kept all 103 raspberries (as advised by our leader) and will collect more Poke balls on the way to the Navy Pier meeting point so that I am ready as soon as I get there.

If you see three desperate characters slogging around Navy Pier with the iPhones in hand, don't say hello because that's not us.  We three aren't desperate, just fans of Pokemon GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment