Seattle, y'all, is a very hip and happening place. They also don't frown on nonhipster types like me. All are welcome! There are great restaurants and hotels, beautiful scenery, and delicious donuts. Of course I mean Top Pot Doughnuts. There are Top Pot locations around town but I chose to walk 2/3 of a mile from my hotel to eat at the Mothership location. (The roast beef sandwich they make is also delish.)
My trip to Seattle coincided with getting a new camera. I'd been talking about getting a new camera for a while, wanting something more robust than the point and shoots I'd been using that would also give me more control. Of course, after buying it, I thought it was too extravagant a purchase but I decided to shut up about it because I'd been saving and I wanted it a lot. This was my first outing with my new camera-love and I enjoyed photography again.
So what did I do on my vacay? Walked a lot -- one day I walked about 4 miles -- and got together with good friends (had an excellent time with them) and an old boyfriend (yikes) but I also took some pictures of my food
plus I got the moon to cooperate. Yeah, I lassoed that rock and got it to hold still for a moment so I could take its picture. Of course, it was a little dot on the original picture but with minimal cropping, you can almost think you see the Man in the Moon himself. And what else did I see on my vacay? A genuine mushroom forest!
 |
| Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts, 2124 5th Avenue, Seattle |
|
 |
| Double Trouble on top, Maple Glazed Old-Fashioned below |
 |
| Living the dream in the Mushroom Forest |
 |
| Handheld photo! (I sometimes have a steady hand.) |
Now I want a doughnut. Beautiful shot of the moon.
ReplyDelete