Even in a big old city like Chicago, we get the opportunity to see lovely examples of nature. The katydid was resting on the post outside a regular building and I was amazed! This is the kind of stuff I used to see when I was a camp counselor in the woods in southeastern Michigan. Katydids, walking sticks, praying mantis -- all right there to freak the hell out of a bunch of young women and girls.
Here are two pictures I took yesterday morning. At one point it got sick of all the snaps we were taking -- I was not alone -- and it turned and flew at me. I screamed like a girl because I
am an old girl and while a lot of stuff no longer phases me, that made me scream and jump back. It was not a good look, I assure you.
 |
| Looking like a leaf on legs |
 |
| "Stop taking my picture, bitch!" |
Comments
Post a Comment