1st Amendment
OMG OMG OMG and WTF? NBC News reported some news which is to say they gave a truthful account of something that Donald Trump did and he used his favorite Method of Bile Distribution which is Twitter. He said that NBC's license should be pulled because they were reporting fake news about his desire to increase the nuclear arsenal tenfold (which I believe it's what cause Rex Tillerson to call Trump a "fucking moron"). Later when the press came to cover a meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, he said, "It's frankly disgusting the way the press is able to write whatever they want to write and people should look into it." When he was asked if he favored limits on what the media can say, he replied, "No. The press should speak more honestly."
Let's split that into two points. People did look into the press writing whatever they want. Those people were the Founding Fathers and it was important enough to them that they made this the first thing (after the preamble, natch).
Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
In other words, asshats like me can write about what we think of events of the day. I express my opinion and I get out. I urge people to vote. I urge people to just think about my point of view. I do research to know my facts are pretty solid. Then it's over for a week. Who do I have thank for this? Those sweet Founding Fathers of ours, a/k/a the Framers of the Constitution. Thanks, guys! If you came to this world today you'd shit your collective pants but because of you, I can say how you might shit your pants if you came to this world today.
Because of those guys, I can say that Mike Ditka is very probably insane, stupid, concussed one too many times, or a combo of all three, because he said there had been no oppression in this country for the past 100 years. Yeah, the Negro League of Baseball was there because there was no oppression and everyone could play ball nice together. The Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., organized a massive march for Civil Rights because there was no oppression. In 1939, when African-American contralto Marian Anderson was barred from singing at Constitution Hall in Washington because it was owned by the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) and those wacky gals put whites-only into the contracts at the time, First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt immediately resigned from the DAR. NAACP Executive Secretary Walter White suggested a concert on public land and so Harold Ickes, the Secretary of the Interior, built a stage onto the front steps of the Lincoln Memorial and introduced Ms. Anderson to a desegregated crowd of 75,000. One of the most celebrated of opera stars sang for 25 minutes, starting with "My Country, 'Tis of Thee." When he introduced her, Harold Ickes said, "In this great auditorium under the sky, all of us are free. Genius, like justice, is blind. Genius draws no color lines." Hey, Mike, does this sound strangely like there was oppression to you?
So thanks again, Founding Fathers, for that swell first amendment, the freedom of speech, assembly, religion, and the press. And thanks, too, to Gold Star dad Khizr Khan, who offered to give Donald Trump his copy of the Constitution. What a shame Trump didn't take him up on the offer.
As to the press being honest, liars don't know what the truth is because their lives have been so firmly run by lies and falsehoods that the only truth they know is whatever lie they're peddling of late. Yo, Trumpy? Feel the heats? Yer pants are on fire.
Let's split that into two points. People did look into the press writing whatever they want. Those people were the Founding Fathers and it was important enough to them that they made this the first thing (after the preamble, natch).
Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
In other words, asshats like me can write about what we think of events of the day. I express my opinion and I get out. I urge people to vote. I urge people to just think about my point of view. I do research to know my facts are pretty solid. Then it's over for a week. Who do I have thank for this? Those sweet Founding Fathers of ours, a/k/a the Framers of the Constitution. Thanks, guys! If you came to this world today you'd shit your collective pants but because of you, I can say how you might shit your pants if you came to this world today.
Because of those guys, I can say that Mike Ditka is very probably insane, stupid, concussed one too many times, or a combo of all three, because he said there had been no oppression in this country for the past 100 years. Yeah, the Negro League of Baseball was there because there was no oppression and everyone could play ball nice together. The Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., organized a massive march for Civil Rights because there was no oppression. In 1939, when African-American contralto Marian Anderson was barred from singing at Constitution Hall in Washington because it was owned by the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) and those wacky gals put whites-only into the contracts at the time, First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt immediately resigned from the DAR. NAACP Executive Secretary Walter White suggested a concert on public land and so Harold Ickes, the Secretary of the Interior, built a stage onto the front steps of the Lincoln Memorial and introduced Ms. Anderson to a desegregated crowd of 75,000. One of the most celebrated of opera stars sang for 25 minutes, starting with "My Country, 'Tis of Thee." When he introduced her, Harold Ickes said, "In this great auditorium under the sky, all of us are free. Genius, like justice, is blind. Genius draws no color lines." Hey, Mike, does this sound strangely like there was oppression to you?
So thanks again, Founding Fathers, for that swell first amendment, the freedom of speech, assembly, religion, and the press. And thanks, too, to Gold Star dad Khizr Khan, who offered to give Donald Trump his copy of the Constitution. What a shame Trump didn't take him up on the offer.
As to the press being honest, liars don't know what the truth is because their lives have been so firmly run by lies and falsehoods that the only truth they know is whatever lie they're peddling of late. Yo, Trumpy? Feel the heats? Yer pants are on fire.
Comments
Post a Comment