Presidents Day


When I was a child growing up in Detroit, Lincoln's birthday was a holiday and George Washington's birthday was another holiday and since they were born in the same month, Congress finally decided that everyone was enjoying themselves too much and they combined the two and tossed in every other president and, ta da, Presidents Day.

We have had some very good presidents and a few real stinkers and a few who were SOBs and a few who were womanizers or bigots or noble or power hungry or just plain crazy (I'm looking at you Donald "Fake News" Trump).  This weekend we celebrate them all!

The best way I can think of to celebrate is by taking advantage of some mighty good sales but I am trying to be frugal so unless I buy a new mattress, there will be no sales being taken advantage of by moi.  I have my annual wellness exam, a/k/a my yearly lube and oil, and a few hours later, I have my eyeball wellness visit where they dilate my pupils and I walk out with those shifty, weird, ugly roll-up sunglasses inside my glasses.  No one bothers you when you opt to wear these things.

Afterward, I will treat myself to a nice lunch at some fancy place like Chipotle.  As I walk home from Chipotle, I will think about how glad I am that 13 Russian oligarchs were indicted and how our president thinks he is safe from prosecution.  I will think about Robert Mueller and wish him well with his investigation.  I will think about my coworkers who tell me, "Stop saying 'They have to build a case.'"  And I say, "They do have to build a case and that takes time. "  God bless America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?