What I saw after the dermatologist saw me

I went to the post office and was going to go to the library but decided I needed nothing at the library and where I wanted to go was work so I could save my hour of personal time for another day.  But before I decided I'd do that, I went into Federal Plaza and here was Young Love having a picture taken by a pro.  I joined in, of course.

They're in love and hired a guy to document it PLUS reflection of Flamingo
It's become a habit of mine to dash down to the library on a Sunday when I've no plans or wind things up earlier in the day.  Since my lovely vacation in Tokyo, I've been wanting to learn to do origami.  The first book I got was for too complicated except for the tiny drinking cup I mastered.  I could not get past the rhombus part of crane.  Today I went up to the 8th floor and got a book called Easy Origami which may do the trick.  Even better was the modele of Chicago's fabulous landmark in Millennium Park called "Cloud Gate," by British sculptor Anish Kapoor,  locally called "the Bean," as it looks like an enormous kidney bean.  "Meet me by the Bean," people say, not "Meet me by Cloud Gate."  "Cloud Gate?!?  What's THAT?" might be the answer, and the first person would say, "Oh, it's the Bean." "If you meant the Bean, why didn't you just say so, you pretentious douchewad?" "I am not pretentious.  Kapoor called it "Cloud Gate," so I will too.  "Well, then you don't know that Anish Kapoor said, 'Call it whatever you want.'  I don't care."  "Did he say that?  I think he said calling it the Bean is completely stupid."  "Fussy, fussy, fussy artists.  Okay then, see you at the Bean!" Click.

You can imagine there might be hurt feelings.

Here is the modele of the Bean, "Cloud Gate," by Anish Kapoor.

Look but you can't touch.  It's in a case.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?