Dips

I drive out to Elk Grove Village every three-to-four weeks to get a new dip, which is your fingernails treated with a substance and then dipped into pulverized acrylic powder and then both of these are repeated four times.  I have nothing more profound than that.  I thought I might be able to wax poetic about my dips but, honestly, it's just a very good long lasting nail treatment that looks good for weeks and does not chip.  It's hard to find a place that does dips in a big city with many nail salons.  The few dips are expensive or inconvenient or both.  What makes them look less good?  Nails grow and there bottom part is bare.  I used to get dips frequently and once I moved, it was difficult to get out there and I found no city location that was for me.  I finally said, "Ah, screw it," and make the drive.

Colors?  I first started with a very neutral beige, then went to a true deep red, and now am sporting a Tiffany blue and yes, thanks, it matches the box.

My hands look so good that I look at 'em all the time!  When I first got dips I would go to work and wave my fingers at my coworkers and say, "Look! Nice!  Look!  So nice!"  One of these coworkers moved to Florida  and works virtually.  She is an excellent human being and I miss working with her in person.  She got her nails done every two weeks when she lived up north and was at her regular manicure appointment and finally asked her nail person what he thought of dips.  "Oh, they're the way to go," he told her.  She agreed to try it and she, too, was hooked!  Now we send each other text messages with our latest colors.

Dips!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?