The wisdom of ...

When I was in high school, someone put out a book of quotations by Mao Tse-Tung called, "Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung."  It was a best seller.  Someone else put out a book of things said by President Lyndon Baines Johnson called, "Quotations from Chairman LBJ."  (Full disclosure:  I bought this book and liked reading it.)  Of course it was a parody of Mao's book but they were real-life quotes and cliches of President Johnson.

And now we have Trumpy.  In yesterday's New York Times, Frank Bruni's column talked about how Trumpy needed a thesaurus and a therapist but not in that order.  I hold that if he doesn't think he's in need of improvement, a therapist is a waste of time and money because you have to want to see you have a problem and do the emotional work to get better and Trumpy thinks he's the sanest man on the planet.  If he had a thesaurus, he'd probably pick the wrong word from the list of offerings and things would be so much worse.

I think someone would make a ton of money if they published a book of his quotes and Tweets and published, "Quotations of Chairman Trump."  Not the wisdom of, for obvious reasons.  Trumpy would probably sue the bejeezus out of any publisher because only he has the rights to those words.

Here are some gems that a reader of Bruni's column offered to demonstrate just what might go on in that noggin' of Trumpy (including misspellings like his wife's name):

We are going to be winning bigle. (at a rally before an election)
I went to best schools, all Ivy league( he transferred from mediocre Fordham to Penn).
I have best grades the highest grades. always A+( like his taxes , he never showed his grades).
Nice. Not nice (describing negative news about his early executive orders).
I am trying to be NICE.
They gave me and Maleina a NICE welcome(while pretending to comforting shooting victims in Pittsburgh).
I have highest IQ of any president in history.
I know all big beautiful words.
I am a stable genius.
I know alot many many Iranians in NY. They doing very well, they treat me NICE.
I know a lot about aircraft carriers more all generals.
My uncle was at MIT and I know more than anybody on climate change.
It was a little different kind of a statement. I thought it was a NICE beautiful statement(about China trade issues)
All deals I make are NICE. The Best.
All building I have , many many building are the best.very NICE.
Doral happens to be within Miami. It's a city. It's a wonderful place. It's a very, very successful area of Florida. It's, very importantly, only five minutes from the airport; the airport is right next door.
I've spent and I think I will, in a combination of loss and opportunity, probably it'll cost me anywhere from $3 to $5 billion to be President.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?