Travel in the time of COVID-19, Part 3

I was going back and forth and back and forth and forth and back about going to Tokyo today, March 1st.  This very morning at 10am!  This past Monday, Tokyo announced they were closing 50 museums and venues until March 15th.  No Cup Noodles Museum in Yokohama.  No Sumo Museum.  No Edo Museum.  No Metropolitan Tokyo Office Building Observation Decks, a five minute walk from my hotel.  I know that things in Tokyo are bustling and moving along and shops are open and people are out and about because of the You Tube videos to which I subscribe show people out and about and life for Tokyo citizens seems quite normal.  I am not a Tokyo citizen so I would not have day-to-day things keeping me occupied like working, commuting, meeting with friends, grocery shopping, getting ready for the work week, cleaning one's place, going about one's ablutions.  I would be walking the streets looking forlorn.

So here I am at home and here is where I will be except for Saturday when I am going to Milwaukee to visit my niece.  She's assured me that if we can't go out there for whatever reason, we can still be in her apartment sharing a can of beans.  Life is rich!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?