Have you gotten mail?
In these very weird times, I've had to find something to make me laugh. In his column of today, Nicholas Kristof of the NY Times shared a quote from George Orwell: "Every joke is a tiny revolution." I've been making as many tiny revolutions as I am able. Only one person has gotten two cards and there have not been too many sent but enough that I think about it and it makes me smile.
Years ago on the website ICanHasCheezburger.com, before it is was bought and changed, before many of the categories like politics and graphs were removed, I used to have a delightful time writing memes. It was a wonderful hobby. There was a beautiful day that I had three different memes on the front page of each of three categories -- cats, politics, and graphs. But the site became unwieldly as the new owner added in so many ads that it was hard to read the memes, let alone create them, and I just gave up.
My hobby of political memes is back in the form of postcards!
Some people know a card is coming. Some people I've not spoken with in years and they probably no longer associate me with humor have been sent a card. Some people I hope will know it's me. One friend sent me a picture of the card when she got it and said when she saw the MAGA hat on one side she thought, "Who would send me this?? " She turned it over and saw the main side and remembered I told her it was coming. (Yes, she did enjoy it.) One person is the friend of a friend and I hope she will laugh.
If you read this blog regularly, thank you. If you read this blog regularly and have not yet gotten a card, you will probably be getting one. If you stumbled on this blog, sorry, you will not be getting a card and, sigh, if only we were friends.
This is the one that I sent to the friend's friend. I have photographed all of them except one -- and I asked that person to please send me a picture of it when it comes as I forgot -- so I have proof that it was me who maybe made them laugh or smile or go, "WHO SENT THIS TO ME?? THIS IS A TRAP! I TELL YOU THAT THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!" It's right. I thought enough of you to share it and when someone shares it's mostly very nice.
![]() |
| The fellow pictured refuses to circulate the Harriet Tubman $20 bills. |

Comments
Post a Comment