It was my birthday. There will be more.

Yesterday was my birthday and thanks to Covid-19, I pretty much did nothing except got to Starbuck's to get my free birthday drink. Anything I wanted and what I wanted was a grande decaf latte with skim milk. I've not had a Starbuck's beverage since mid-March and it was not the best coffee I've had from Starbuck's but the price was right and it's a drive-through location. I drove home and drank it there. There was a Starbuck's location in my former location of work and I would get a large decaf latte with skim milk every day at least once. It was an exciting location -- the trains would arrive and passengers would queue up and get things like a barranquilla mastricatto with oat milk. Perhaps it was called something else but the oat milk was real. How does one milk oats? I am curious. My sister and brother-in-law cooked me up my fave chicken with carrots and rice dish and brought it over in the early evening. I got into my apartment and tucked right into that and it was good. It was also good today when I heated it up and will be good tomorrow when I heat it up again but then, alas, it will be gone. What a great meal! Thanks if you read this (and I am pretty sure you won't as almost no one reads my blog but me). Later I had my cake. As I was in a hurry to get in, get the cake, and leave -- Covid-19 fears, y'all -- plus the person at the bakery section of the grocery store was new and didn't know things like "Is this butter cream?" but was very pleasant, I ended up with a cake that had whipped cream frosting instead of butter cream. For me, whipped cream on a cake is the bakery version of going into an elevator without a mask -- it is wrong. Next year I will be more careful and I will also go to the other major grocery store in town. They've never once effed up my cake order. Yes, it amazes even me how important this is. I like to have a slab of cake and then freeze a piece and have it for breakfast the next morning. This thing did not even freeze right and went to dwell in the land of unforgivable foodstuffs a/k/a the garbage bag. I have to wait another year to have a piece of frozen butter-cream frosted birthday cake and this is how I know I will have more birthdays -- thinking about that frozen slice gives me pleasure and hope. Some people like steak, others enjoy playing the harmonica, and some people like fly-fishing. I like a yellow layer cake, white frosting, a flower or two on top, and popping the slice out of the freezer and enjoying that for breakfast on the 20th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?