And where is this wonderful thing? Not in Vienna, nor Munich, nor Berlin. It's in rural Minnesota. I think the late Freddy Mercury would approve. I certainly do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Sup indeed
I went out yesterday in the late afternoon, driving down the alley from my garage to the street, and I spied the plastic Santa. I thought it was great and had to have a picture. This fine man came from out of nowhere and asked in an Eastern European accent if I wanted the plastic fellow. I said, "No, but I want his picture." He said, "Will you take my picture with it?" "Sure!" I said with great enthusiasm. He crouched down and put his arm around Jolly Ole St. Nick, I turned on the flash as I was shooting into the sun, and click! I only had to take one picture and I am very proud of it.
It has been many, many weeks since my last post and apparently I've not been missed. That is okay! Things have happened since my last attempt. Teranofuji won the May Basho -- if he wins in July, his Yokozuna status is assured -- and as of tomorrow I will be working 40 hours a week. I've not worked 40 hours a week in a year and a quarter and I am both happy and feeling what best can be described as lazy. I will miss YouTube and reading books. After thinking about it for many years, I decided to adopt a cat from PAWS Chicago. PAWS is a terrific place and since they opened their doors the number of cats that have been euthanized in Chicago has gone from 46,000 to 1,900. Much of this is due to trap, neuter, release for those who cannot be socialized and adopted; they are returned to their feral colonies to live out their lives with their felines pals. My cat, now named BB, was a stray. She always uses the box and covers her business; she sleeps on the bed with me but in her own s...
American purple gallinule, courtesy of VIREO Yesterday morning I set off with the birders to look at birds at the Magic Hedge near Montrose Harbor in Chicago. As we were arriving, I found out a gallinule had been spotted very recently. Two men were walking away from the harbor as we were leaving our car. "Did you see the gallinule?" my sister asked. These were two very sweet and funny guys. "No," said one, "but I saw a really big fish," and held his hands about 20 inches apart. "I don't look at fish," said the second, "but I saw a grebe. The gallinule is supposed to be down by Slip A." Fall at the Magic Hedge near Montrose Harbor, Chicago There was a difference for me this week. I had my own [not great but they work and hey, they were free] binoculars. I forgot my plastic bag so I couldn't concentrate on picking up trash (which was too bad as there was a lot of it). I actually looked at something and was late...
Comments
Post a Comment