Bear down, Chicago Bears
My dream of going to a National Football League regular season game and sit in a skybox as someone's guest came true today and it was great, except for the game, which actually was a game with proper scoring and mostly solid play on both sides, until the very end and then it was a sad joke.
There were about two minutes left to go, they'd already sounded the two-minute warning and the Bears were at the 5-yard line. They had four chances to get the ball into the end zone for a touchdown which would have tied the game and forced the game into overtime. Four chances from the 5-yard line and they effed it up each and every time. Atlanta Falcons 23, Chicago Bears 17.
But look! PIX!! There were pyrotechnics and unfurling American flags and everyone singing "Bear Down, Chicago Bears," whenever the Bears scored a touchdown. I really enjoyed our outing at Soldier Field except for the loss thing and since I expected them it to lose terribly, I was not disappointed in the least.
There were about two minutes left to go, they'd already sounded the two-minute warning and the Bears were at the 5-yard line. They had four chances to get the ball into the end zone for a touchdown which would have tied the game and forced the game into overtime. Four chances from the 5-yard line and they effed it up each and every time. Atlanta Falcons 23, Chicago Bears 17.
But look! PIX!! There were pyrotechnics and unfurling American flags and everyone singing "Bear Down, Chicago Bears," whenever the Bears scored a touchdown. I really enjoyed our outing at Soldier Field except for the loss thing and since I expected them it to lose terribly, I was not disappointed in the least.
| Bears from the mouth of the Bear through the phalanx of pyrotechnics |
| Unrolling the American flag |
| More unrolling |
| Almost done! |
| The national anthem is sung ... |
| ... and those holding the edges move the arms up and down to make it seem like it's waving. |
Comments
Post a Comment