What the hell is happening?

On Election Night 2016, friends were texting me from all over the country as the polls closed and asking, "What the hell is happening?"  We were all Hillary supporters and we expected her to win easily. And in the perfect world of the popular vote, she won!  In the imperfect world of the Electoral College, she lost and we all know the rest.

In the ensuing months, Trump has been ruling in such a way that friends still text me and ask, "What the hell is happening?"  Texts like this have been happening less and less because no one knows what the hell is happening, especially not Trump.  

And now we have John Bolton, a dangerous, never-been-in-the military chicken hawk of a man, who will be National Security Advisor.  It's like having the devil on both your shoulders and neither one is Peter Dinklage as the devil in the Super Bowl Doritos commercial, they're both John Bolton and he likes power and he likes talking and he knows how to pander to Trump's worst impulses which are really the only impulses he has.  

The Cabinet has changed how much?  And what stupid and/or unholy three are still around?  The Duchess of Dunces, Betsy de Vos; the Duke of Dopes, Ben Carson; and ex-Hollywood Maestro of Money, Steve Mnuchin.  Yes, I am sure others have not departed but these three are stupid, dumb, and ridiculous, respectively.  They take themselves very seriously and have confidence they should not have. Ben Carson and no experience in either housing or urban development.  I really thought trump would make him the Surgeon General.  Yes, he's not in the military but he was a surgeon, no matter how hard it might be to believe.

When I think about this too much, my head hurts and I might still cry, as I did for almost three days after Hillary lost and I am not really a crier.  I have friends who cry at movies, card tricks, or anything else they find emotional.  "Did you see [fill in movie name here]? It's beautiful!  I cried!" This is way more serious and touches me more deeply because our democracy might be at stake and that does make me cry.

What the hell is happening?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?