Those whom you see at the store

Waiting for Godot?  Not comin', man!
There is a grocery store a block and a half from my house and I usually go there when I get off the bus when I come home from work, the library, or shopping downtown.  This particular night, I'd had dinner in Pilsen with sister, brother-in-law, and niece and stopped at the store close to their closing time to get some bananas, parking on the roof.  Who is waiting at the back door?  This guy or perhaps gal.

Geese can be ferocious, feisty, determined, and strong and just in case he/she was in a mood, I didn't want to be on the business end of that beak.  Turns out he/she was not interested in the skanky likes of me as when the electric eye saw me and let me in, he/she didn't budge.

He/she may have looked at me through the door but I didn't stop to ask.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?