Cactus flower update and that little wedding

The flower on the cactus from last week?  It doesn't just open and stay open.  When the sun is striking it, the flower is open.  Later in the day, it closes up.  The escargot begonia and the cactus are still alive.  Also doing well:  Sansevieria (to be specific, the bamboo shoots snake plant), orchid, two succulents, staghorn fern, Christmas cactus, aloe, and air plant.  Questionable survival:  fiddle leaf fig, the plant that convinced me I could again have plants.  What's my fave?  I am digging that little cactus and the staghorn fern but I want there to be no more death throes of plants chez moi.  Let those whose green has crossed my threshold remain green and larger and with me forever.  Amen.

Yes, I watched the Royal Wedding. What was Oprah thinking when she got that dress for the ceremony.  You have all the money in the world, my friend; can't you get something that doesn't make you looking like Last Year's Senior Citizen Maiden Auntie?  Just because it says Stella McCartney doesn't mean it's right.  I imagine the construction is terrific and that wonderful matching hat almost made one not notice the LYSCMA styling.  Of course, Amal Clooney did everything perfectly.  Amal, please speak to Oprah and tell her to get a stylist she can trust.  I'd offer to go shopping with her but I have a regular day job that is exhausting and when I get home I can't be thinking about what Oprah's going to wear so she won't embarrass herself; I have to put together my own outfit for the next day, do my PT exercises and maybe watch some TV, and then go to bed so I can do the nonsense again the next day. I doubt that Oprah cares what I have to say anyway which is too bad as I sometimes say smart stuff and make clever observations, all of which she is missing! (Her loss.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?