No poems just phlegm
For the past two and a half weeks I've been having such fun with a runny nose -- no significant congestion in either chest or head, just plenty of nasal racing. On Wednesday, I thought I had turned the corner and it was getting better. On Thursday, I woke up with some laryngitis and some less-than-attractive phlegm and made an appointment with my ENT. On Friday, it was full-blown laryngitis and things on the hawking up front were grostesque. People kept asking, "You sound terrible! Why don't you go home?" I'd answer, "I feel fine. Why waste a personal day when I don't feel sick?" On Saturday, it was significantly still laryngitis and, yes, that other stuff was gross. I visited my ENT who gave me not just antibiotics but told me I had to take Musinex Maximum Strength and a particular nasal spray. He also told me I had to drink eight glasses of water a day. I got the prescription filled and decided to go home and rest up. I hacked the night away.
This morning, I acquired the remaining two items. Surprise! The combo of three things has stopped most of the coughing. On my way back from the store, I started coughing so hard that tears were running down my face. Weird and uncomfy and you know I wanted to just try the stuff I'd acquired. I was not holding out hope for much but I was wrong: All the crap worked.
I still have laryngitis but I feel well enough to toddle off to the store and acquire a few boxes of tissue. Good for me! And if you're not heard from me in the past few days, the laryngitis and sinusitis are why.
This morning, I acquired the remaining two items. Surprise! The combo of three things has stopped most of the coughing. On my way back from the store, I started coughing so hard that tears were running down my face. Weird and uncomfy and you know I wanted to just try the stuff I'd acquired. I was not holding out hope for much but I was wrong: All the crap worked.
I still have laryngitis but I feel well enough to toddle off to the store and acquire a few boxes of tissue. Good for me! And if you're not heard from me in the past few days, the laryngitis and sinusitis are why.
Comments
Post a Comment