Taking pictures of people taking pictures,Chicago Art Institute

There is an enormous Andy Warhol retrospective going on in downtown Chicago and my sister and brother-in-law invited me to join them as their guest.  I totally enjoyed it and thanked them profusely, remembering a young man in Tokyo at the subway station near the baseball game I attended.  He thanked his friend, shaking the other man's hand and saying thank you over and over and over again.  He was delighted, as was I, so I thanked them in English told them this story, and then thanked them in Japanese.

Whenever there is a major anything in Chicago, I have opportunities to do one of my favorite photographic things, also the title of this post.  I have a guest photographer today -- my own sister, Marion Nowak, who totally nailed the taking pictures of people taking pictures, of themselves edition.

Courtesy of Marion Nowak


"I am like Marilyn Monroe!  Take picture, take picture!"

Hands of Marion Nowak taking a picture of "American Gothic"

"I don't know what it is. I'll ask my dad later."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?