The hot shower disaster

Recently, my building's built-in smoke detector system was upgraded, checked, recalibrated.  Power outage?  Ready to go!  FIRE!  Call the men in uniform.

I love a nice, long hot shower, which refreshes, relaxes, and energizes me, especially on hair-washing days.  When I have a nice hot shower, I feel like I've been rewarded for a job well done and not my normal Monday-to-Friday job.  I am being rewarded for I don't know what but whatever it was I am glad I did it and thanks very much indeed.

After my shower, I open the bathroom door and let steam out so when I am done wiping down the shower, I can fix up my hair and put on some mascara and serum.  I can go about my ablutions and feel lovely.

Except not today.

I opened the door to let out a lot of steam and it set off the smoke detector.  My lumpy nude self went and opened the front door of my condo and waved the door which did nothing.  I called the front desk to say that all was well and our doorman didn't answer as he was calling the fire department.  I called back and advised it was steam that had turned demon.  "Are you okay?" he asked.  "I am fine.  It was steam.  From the shower."  "But you're okay?" he asked.  I advised it was steam, really, steam from my lovely hot shower.  "As long as you're okay."  And then he called off the firefighters.

Then I wiped up the giant puddles, dried off the shower, and went about my ablutions but did not feel quite as lovely, alas. 

Damn, recalibration is such a bitch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?