Fine. I think it'll work. But it's made WHERE?
About five or six years ago, I tripped over my nemesis, an uneven Chicago sidewalk, and fell down. Unlike my fall three years ago where I hit my head and trashed my favorite glasses -- which I believe saved my life -- I had my hands out that time and sort of stopped the fall although my purse smashed so hard that it broke a mirror deep inside a cosmetic pouch. I also sprained the living crap out of my left hand and the muscles below my thumb. I wore an Ace bandage -- clips and all -- for several weeks. I've had hand surgery that required wearing an Ace bandage and thanks to take first aid in my early 20s, I am quite adept at putting a figure-eight wrap which is very secure and also firm. Admittedly, when I first did this decades ago, if I wrapped it too tight, I had to unwrap it and wrap it up again, sometimes three times because if it's too tight, you are working against the point of it. You want support, not painful squeezing.
So like that Bunion-What-Bunion? of mine, this is a fall that has come back to have a visit and stay forever. But since it's not $500 to get a bandage, I ventured out to fine a nice Ace one. Except you cannot find a nice Ace one as they no longer stock them in stores.
What they have are self-adhering wrapping bandages, half of which don't offer washing instructions and all of which are made in China. I fled from Walgreen's. I walked out of Target (after I got an avocado for 50¢ and pasta sauce for $2) as all theirs were also made in China. I went home frustrated and annoyed. I never would have imagined that an Ace bandage would be a hard-to-find item.
I could have sucked it up and buckled and got something at Walgreen's but, frankly, it was all made in China. Band-Aid brand? China. Walgreen's brand? China. For healthcare items like bandages for cuts and gauze pads and sanitary napkins (don't ask) and aspirin and elastic bandages, I want it to be made in the USA. I trust USA-made healthcare goods. I would also allow Canadian but there is never anything Canadian like that. I went home, popped some nice Advil, and suffered no ill. I had as much luck finding a Chicago screw today. It's a particular type of screw! Get your mind out of the gutter! And, frankly, my hand hurts which might cause a headache, honey.
If you've seen Ace bandages somewhere -- the ones with the scary clips -- please let me know. If it's made in China, please don't advise. Thank you.
So like that Bunion-What-Bunion? of mine, this is a fall that has come back to have a visit and stay forever. But since it's not $500 to get a bandage, I ventured out to fine a nice Ace one. Except you cannot find a nice Ace one as they no longer stock them in stores.
What they have are self-adhering wrapping bandages, half of which don't offer washing instructions and all of which are made in China. I fled from Walgreen's. I walked out of Target (after I got an avocado for 50¢ and pasta sauce for $2) as all theirs were also made in China. I went home frustrated and annoyed. I never would have imagined that an Ace bandage would be a hard-to-find item.
I could have sucked it up and buckled and got something at Walgreen's but, frankly, it was all made in China. Band-Aid brand? China. Walgreen's brand? China. For healthcare items like bandages for cuts and gauze pads and sanitary napkins (don't ask) and aspirin and elastic bandages, I want it to be made in the USA. I trust USA-made healthcare goods. I would also allow Canadian but there is never anything Canadian like that. I went home, popped some nice Advil, and suffered no ill. I had as much luck finding a Chicago screw today. It's a particular type of screw! Get your mind out of the gutter! And, frankly, my hand hurts which might cause a headache, honey.
If you've seen Ace bandages somewhere -- the ones with the scary clips -- please let me know. If it's made in China, please don't advise. Thank you.
Comments
Post a Comment