Unmasked options

The person to whom I sent the postcard last week called our mutual friend and said, "I think I got a postcard from Lena."  I see her maybe once a year but she knows my sick humor and that is wonderful.  Another friend to whom I've not spoken in many years called other mutual friends and said, "I think sent me this card."  Yes, he laughed.  And yes, she had laughed, too.

I talked to a friend on Friday for her birthday and I asked if she got her birthday card and a postcard.  "Postcard?" she asked.  I described it and she laughed and laughed.  She said she couldn't figure out who had sent it but laughed as if she had just gotten it in the mail.

This week I sent out some more, including two that were not at all political; they were me, wearing a Covid mask and a sleeping mask.  My hair is awful and as one friend said when I sent him the picture as a text message, "Really?"  One recipient has already received it and she said she laughed and laughed and was still laughing when she said she got it.  This sweet lady is a very good audience which I so appreciate.

Here it is.  Charming, oui?

Yes.  Me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?