Different and nice
Often when I go to my sister's house, they have purchased roses at Costco and have put together attractive arrangements of said roses in cool vessels like old creamers or small vases. I've never done that because I've never lived anywhere tidy enough to merit flowers, but I moved about a year and a half ago and now I do and so it does.
I started small, with a bouquet of a spray of small roses. I looked at each and every one of the sale bouquets and chose the one with the most closed-up flowers. I took them home and put them in a vase and realized I had neither greenery nor baby's breath to goose up the arrangement so I tilted them to one side and decided they're lovely, which they are.
Flowers do have a habit of dying and/or looking like crap pretty damn fast but while they're alive and still with me, I look at them and smile. Someone liked me enough to give me flowers! I am not upset that it was me.
I started small, with a bouquet of a spray of small roses. I looked at each and every one of the sale bouquets and chose the one with the most closed-up flowers. I took them home and put them in a vase and realized I had neither greenery nor baby's breath to goose up the arrangement so I tilted them to one side and decided they're lovely, which they are.
Flowers do have a habit of dying and/or looking like crap pretty damn fast but while they're alive and still with me, I look at them and smile. Someone liked me enough to give me flowers! I am not upset that it was me.
Comments
Post a Comment