Best regards, Your sister
So let's say you go to the library regularly. So let's say you have a friend or a relative who also goes to the library regularly. So let's say you want to have fun; everyone likes fun! Let's also say that you live in Chicago where you can order books and you go to a particular library and fetch them when they come in. Let's finally say that you see your friend or relative has books waiting to be picked up. Write 'em a note and stick it into the book.
I saw that my sister had a book and I left her a note, jamming it into the pages of the cookbook she'd ordered. She didn't mention it so I asked if she saw it. Honestly, she seemed only slightly amused if at all. On the Southwest Corner Oh-You-Amuse-Me Scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being a side-splitting delight and 1 being "yeah fine but really?", the leaving of the note seemed to be about a 2. I thought it was uproarious, maybe swinging into the territory of the unscalable, like a 17 or 53.
A few weeks after this incident, I went to the library to get a book. My sister was also going to go and I'd written up my note at home. There were no books for my sister at the library so I thought she and my brother-in-law had been and gone. They were actually in the upper floors where I don't go unless I need to look at different examples of craft books like books of Origami for beginners, although sheltered workshop would be a better bet for me. But I didn't see them.
When I was checking out, I got a particularly meticulous library employee who liked to pull out all extra papers left within. I stopped him when I recognized the handwriting.
"No, no, that's a note to me! From my sister!"
On the Southwest Corner Oh-You-Amuse-Me Scale of 1 to 10, his reaction was negative 90. I thanked him and took my books and note and departed.
Where are on the scale are you?
I saw that my sister had a book and I left her a note, jamming it into the pages of the cookbook she'd ordered. She didn't mention it so I asked if she saw it. Honestly, she seemed only slightly amused if at all. On the Southwest Corner Oh-You-Amuse-Me Scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being a side-splitting delight and 1 being "yeah fine but really?", the leaving of the note seemed to be about a 2. I thought it was uproarious, maybe swinging into the territory of the unscalable, like a 17 or 53.
A few weeks after this incident, I went to the library to get a book. My sister was also going to go and I'd written up my note at home. There were no books for my sister at the library so I thought she and my brother-in-law had been and gone. They were actually in the upper floors where I don't go unless I need to look at different examples of craft books like books of Origami for beginners, although sheltered workshop would be a better bet for me. But I didn't see them.
When I was checking out, I got a particularly meticulous library employee who liked to pull out all extra papers left within. I stopped him when I recognized the handwriting.
"No, no, that's a note to me! From my sister!"
On the Southwest Corner Oh-You-Amuse-Me Scale of 1 to 10, his reaction was negative 90. I thanked him and took my books and note and departed.
Where are on the scale are you?
![]() |
| Best regards to you, too! |

Comments
Post a Comment