I love fog

We all have weather we hate or love or can deal with.  I hate snow.  I can deal with extreme cold as long as it's dry.  I cannot bear hot, hot heat.  I can work with rain as long as I have a hat or my Ikea rain poncho (even if it's in my purse and I am getting a little wet).

I love fog.

I live up high on the 20th floor looking at Lake Michigan.  The sun in the east is intense and is good for many of my plants but bleaches out the fabric on my chairs.  It isn't bleaching my couch or the chair in my bedroom as I decided from the day each arrived in my home that I would keep them covered when there is no company.  I get to see some spectacular sunrises and weather systems off over the lake that look like mountain ranges.  I also get fog.

The past two mornings I've woken up at dawn and the fog went about 10 stories up but above that it was clear.  It looked like mystery, magic, a movie, a half-kept secret.

I ain't scared of no fog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?