NO MORE GAME OF THRONES!!!

Tonight it's over.  All the speculation, predictions, and weird ideas will be spawned no more.  Tomorrow at work, the winners of the Pool of Thrones will be announced and I am confident that one of those will not be me.  Either Jon Snow will win or Dany will win or, as someone predicted in one of the too-many articles and opinions I read this past week, Tyrion will be revealed to be the child of the Mad King and his Lannister mom who had a "mad" affair and the result was Tyrion, the knowledge of which is brought to us by Bran on one of his mad, bad trips back through time.  (Dude's a buzzkill, let's agree.  He can't go back in time and see someone telling some really good jokes which he brings to the present and slays a crowd at the Kings Landing Laff Academy?)  And Tyrion makes it a ... democracy!  Or someone altogether unexpected takes over.  Or Sansa and Tyrion fall in love for real and rule together.

Last week would have been five minutes long if Danerys had just gone right for the Red Keep and grilled the roasted hell out of Cersei.  Someone said, "But Dany wanted Cersei to see her kill the people of Kings Landing so she'd feel fear and loathing because her people were being slaughtered."  I pointed out that Cersei doesn't care about her people, not even a little bit.  The someone said, "Yeah, that's true."  Right to the Red Keep with a dose of dragon breath, which probably smells like charcoaled goat, fat humans, and a whole lot of confusion.

Series finales can be horrible disappointments like "The Sopranos," "Deep Space Nine," and "Lost."  Series finales can be very good like "Voyager." "Friends," and "The Big Bang Theory," the latter of which surprised the living heck out of me.  "Breaking Bad" ended conclusively and well.  And tonight, we will see how well they can wrap up one of the most successful shows of all time.

Regardless of how it ends, I'll miss it.  I will miss my favorite couple, The Hound and Arya.  I will miss Peter Dinklage as Tyrion.  I will miss Varys, burnt to a husk for wanting the right ruler on the Iron Throne.  I will miss Jon Snow being a little too honest and honorable.  I will miss the discussions and camaraderie of those who watched it, and in this last season, sharing theories.

I still love watching "The Blacklist," which will be back and "Killing Eve," which will also return.  I await the last season of "Homeland," and the next season of "Better Call Saul."  I wonder what the next obsession will be?  Time and too much telly will tell.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?