Gabriel Kahane at Center Stage at the Pritzker Pavilion

Today's free concert was Gabriel Kahane who plays the piano, sings, plays an electric guitar, is his own sound person with a machine at his feet, plays the strings inside the piano, is a composer and songwriter, and so smart and funny that I wanted to shake his hand and these days, I pretty much don't want to shake the hand of anyone famous, semi-famous, or 15-minutes-one-and-done famous.

He played material from "Book of Travellers," about meeting people as he travelled 9,000 miles around the country after the election of Trumpy.  I went to work and cried at my computer for two days and he got on a train and travelled around the country to get a different point of view from his own.  His job is way better than mine.

There were songs from other collections but one went into my head and stayed there.  Should you ever see him around, go see him because the guy's a fucking delight.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?