Happy 2020

Hail and farewell, 2019!  You have brought weirdness to the nation and to the world and it hasn't left.  You carried weirdness into my workplace and it did not leave -- there are more managers than workers and they don't see why this is a problem and that is all I am saying on the matter.  There were, however, some very good TV shows like "His Dark Materials," and "Watchmen."  The former has two more books to cover from the trilogy and the latter may be a one-off, the producer saying in an interview that he could not imagine where it would go from how it ended.  That makes two of us but if the producer is actually scribbling something out somewhere, I'm good with it.  If it never does happen, I'm good with it.

I had blue hair!  For three months!  Cobalt blue hair that quickly went turquoise -- which clashed with a lot of my clothing -- and then part of it turned green but only a part.   I loved blue hair and if I could drink something to keep my hair blue forever, I'd keep it.  Then I tried pink and it washed out in three weeks.  No more blue.  No more pink nor lavender which I understand also washes out like it's a rocket.  2020 will feature hair colors found on actual human heads but it was a jolly fun ride, especially seeing the young sumos on bikes in an alley in Tokyo.   I looked at them and smiled and they looked at me with something akin to puzzled horror.  Yeah, the big old woman has blue hair.

My car turned 21 and still runs well due to rigorous attention to maintenance and a trustworthy, stellar mechanic.  It's also a Honda.

I went to Osaka and Tokyo.  In Nara, a deer stole my deer crackers, dropped them from the plastic bag he'd nabbed, and was eating the plastic bag which I went over and ripped from his mouth.  I am pretty sure that got me onto Chinese You Tube.

2020 has to be great and fabulous and perhaps we will rid ourselves of the world-shattering horror that is Donald Trump and Mike Pence.  Those two are the very reasons that kids need to stay in school and study hard -- so you won't be fooled by their bigoted lies.  If you have a friend who says that he is the smartest and the best and the funniest and no one understands things like he does, you know that friend is a ridiculous oaf and narcissist and he understands nothing and is a humorless fuck.  Just because someone says it, doesn't mean it's so.  In fact, you would do well to avoid this person at all costs because he/she is unbalanced and living a fiction.  Such a person is the President of the United States and he is living an insane fiction of historical proportions.  I never thought our beloved democracy would be threatened.  If I think about it too much, I get a stomach ache and very nervous.

2020 certainly has to be better, right?  Certainly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's that dame?

Have you seen the gallinule?