The confirmed intellect of a child
With the weird events of late and things coming out of the mouths of both Donald Trump and Mike Pence that made me say, "Huh?" right out loud to the TV, I looked up the definition of magical thinking. This is what I found.
Magical thinking is the belief that one's own thoughts, wishes, or desires can influence the external world. It is common in very young children. A four-year-old child, for example, might believe that after wishing for a pony, one will appear at his or her house.
So Trump and Pence have been saying there is no need for Covid-19 testing as the statistics would be much lower if no one tested for it. Covid-19 is the pony and Trump and Pence have their own saddles. Jimmy Fallon gave some very good examples of it in a monologue and I have a personal one. If I don't get on the scale, then I weigh just what I did five years ago!
If only my pants would cooperate.
Magical thinking is the belief that one's own thoughts, wishes, or desires can influence the external world. It is common in very young children. A four-year-old child, for example, might believe that after wishing for a pony, one will appear at his or her house.
So Trump and Pence have been saying there is no need for Covid-19 testing as the statistics would be much lower if no one tested for it. Covid-19 is the pony and Trump and Pence have their own saddles. Jimmy Fallon gave some very good examples of it in a monologue and I have a personal one. If I don't get on the scale, then I weigh just what I did five years ago!
If only my pants would cooperate.
Comments
Post a Comment